Forks Township Public Works mission and goals are to provide the residents of Forks Township with the best quality of customer service. Public Works consist of 12 full time and one part time employee. Public Works is responsible for and maintains approximately 60 miles of township roadways. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDot) responsibilities are:
- Sullivan Trail
- Zucksville Road
- Kesslersville Road
- Bushkill Drive
- RT 611
- Uhler Road
- Richmond Road
To report an issue with a PennDot roadway, please visit their website to submit a concern with their Customer Care Center.
Public Works is responsible for:
- Street paving
- Leaf collection
- Storm sewer facility maintenance
- Snow removal
- Street cleaning
- Yard waste recycling program
- Public Works maintains roadways, signs, signals, pavement markings and roadside vegetation along Township Roads.
- The Department responds as necessary to any weather-related situation which adversely impacts Township roads. At times during the winter season, there will be 24-hour coverage during prolonged snowfalls.
- The Department oversees the Recycling/Yard Waste drop off center located at 1051 Frost Hollow Road.
- The Department maintains the Storm Water Management System including the Township's system of regional detention areas which have been dedicated to the Township including: stormwater pipes, inlets, swales, and basins.
- Public Works is responsible for bid specifications for road, storm water, buildings projects; as well as other supply contracts such as: gasoline, diesel fuel, concrete, aggregates, and asphalt.
- Other Department responsibilities include the annual Township bidding of road resurfacing for completion by contract.
- In addition to its major functions, the Public Works Department has responsibilities for the following:
- Township Buildings
- Truck, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Scheduled contract maintenance of public sewer lines and sewer pump station facilities owned and operated by Forks Township