- Our Community
- Employment Opportunities
Parks Maintenance Laborer
Under the direction of the Parks Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance, repairs, and upgrades to the township park system, township buildings, and athletic facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Parks Maintenance Laborer responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under general supervision, performs skilled park maintenance work.
- Operates various equipment in the maintenance of grounds such as: line trimmers, 16 ft. mowers, backpack blowers, sprayers, tractors, brush hog, push mowers, front end loaders, snowplows, backhoes, chain saws, dump trucks, various hand tools, etc.
- Ability to perform athletic field maintenance, minor construction projects, turf maintenance.
- Planting and maintaining landscape beds, trees, shrubs, and grass areas.
- Applies weed killer, fertilizer, and other maintenance chemicals.
- Performs custodial tasks and trash/litter removal.
- Provides maintenance on all park equipment to include playground equipment, tables, benches, bleachers, back stops, basketball courts, skate park, tennis courts, etc
- Performs regular maintenance on machinery. Such as, cleaning machines, changing/sharpening blades, greasing, checking fluid levels regularly, etc.
- Keeps pavilions ready and prepared for rental.
- Sets up for special events and ensures the lights, signs, tables, chairs, equipment, and any other items is prepared for the event.
Click here for complete job description.
License or Certificate:
Pennsylvania driver’s license. Pesticides Applicator License with category 23(park or school pest control) or the ability to obtain within six months; Valid First Aid and CPR certification or the ability to obtain one within six months.
Please forward resume or application directly to: Rachel Sulzbach, Director of Parks and Recreation, or 500 Zucksville Road, Easton, Pa. 18040, no later than February 10, 2023.
In our attempt to "Go Green," resumes will be accepted electronically as well as hard copies.
Download our Employment Application (PDF).
Hard copies should be mailed to:
Donna Asure, Township Manager
Forks Township Municipal Building
1606 Sullivan Trail
Easton, PA 18040
Forks Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.