- Utility Billing
Sanitary Sewer Rates
Sewer bills are based on water consumption, for the first zero to 8 units of water used, there is a minimum charge of $40. For each additional unit, the rate is $6.
(1 unit = 750 gallons)
Delinquent Sewer Bills
Delinquent sewer bills have prompted the Forks Township Supervisors to take some drastic action "turning off the taps".
The Supervisors adopted an ordinance authorizing an agreement with the Suburban Water Authority. Under the agreement, the authority would cut service to customers who have habitual or ongoing delinquent sewer bills. The new policy, the Supervisors believe should provide a clear incentive for customers to pay for service.
Any outside water used can be deducted from your sewer bills with a by-pass meter.
Further information can be obtained by the Utility Department at 610-252-0785 ext.100.
Procedures are as follows:
- Deductions must be made in the same quarter that the water (outside) was used.
- By-pass meters are only installed on lines that do not go into the sewer system.
- The owner is responsible for either installing the meter themselves or having a licensed plumber install it for them.
- After installation of meter, the owner must call the Zoning Department at 610-250-2247 between the hours of 7:30 am and 4 pm to schedule an inspection for approval of proper installation.
- The Township plumbing inspector must give the okay after inspection of the meter, before any credit is given to the customer.
- Important Note: If an inspection is not done by the township, credit will not be given until approval has been received.
- Bypass meter customers are required to complete and return their by-pass meter reading on the bottom portion of their utility bill to obtain credit on their next utility bill. Customers may also submit their by-pass meter reading by calling the Utility Department at 610-252-0785 ext.100.
Important Note: If a customer does not submit a meter reading each quarter from their bypass meter, they will forfeit any credit obtained for that quarter.
Sewer/Trash Certification Request
On January 3,2023, The Forks Township Board of Supervisors approved the 2023 Forks Township Fee Schedule. Requests for Sewer/Trash Certifications now require a completed request form and $20.00 fee to be paid before a certification is issued. Sewer/Trash Certification Request forms can be submitted to the Forks Township Utility Department at 1606 Sullivan Trail Easton PA 18040.