Township residents may apply for permits to hold block parties by contacting the Public Works Director, Steve Kramer at 610-438-2670.
For approved permits, the Township will supply barricades to shut down motor vehicle traffic.
The following conditions apply to block party permit (PDF) requests:
- Permit must be available for inspection during the block party.
- A person must be designated to remove barricades and open the street for emergency vehicle traffic.
- Public property such as signs or fire hydrants may not be tampered with.
- Party holders must arrange for removal of litter and debris as soon as event is over.
- Loud music must be shut off by 10 pm and party attendees must be responsive to noise complaints.
- Permit holder must ensure that barricades, traffic cones and other items borrowed from Forks Township are secured for pickup by Township Employees.