What can I do regarding Grading/Water run-off problems on my property?

Forks Township is very concerned about water runoff. Developers are required to submit a grading plan for review by the township and must follow the plan before a c.o is issued. Initial grading does sometimes settle and some touch-up work is required and grass must be established before total stabilization occurs.

If you experience problems before all this happens, consult your builder to correct the problem. It is not permitted to intentionally discharge water onto a neighbor's property. Once a certificate of occupancy is issued by the township, any further soil disturbance is the sole responsibility of the homeowner. If any disturbance results in a dispute with neighboring properties, the matter must be handled by civil action between residents.

Show All Answers

1. When are Building Permits required?
2. What are the restrictions for sheds?
3. Where can a fence be located on your property?
4. What are the height restrictions for a fence?
5. What are the requirements for an Above Ground Pool?
6. Do I need a permit for an Inflatable Pool?
7. What is required for In Ground Pools?
8. What are the requirements for a Basement conversion to living space?
9. Who can I contact with questions regarding building inspections?
10. Who do I contact regarding permits?
11. Who do I contact regarding zoning questions?
12. How close can a driveway be to the property line?
13. How close to the property line can I plant trees and shrubs?
14. Am I responsible for my neighbor's tree branches that encroach onto my property?
15. What is meant by Township Right-of-Way?
16. What can I do regarding Grading/Water run-off problems on my property?