What is the process to install a by-pass meter?

By-Pass Meters

Any outside water used can be deducted from your sewer bills with a by-pass meter.  Forks Township does not sell or provide by-pass meters.

Installation and Inspection of By-Pass Meters:

  1. By-pass meters can only be installed after obtaining a Building Permit from the Forks Township Building Code Department. To obtain a Building Permit, the owner must provide the following documentation: a completed building permit application form, a line diagram showing the proposed location of the by-pass meter on the plumbing system, and installation specifications for the by-pass meter.
  2. The Building Permit fee is $136.50, which includes permit and inspection.
  3. The owner is responsible for either installing the meter themselves or having a licensed plumber install it for them.
  4. After installation of the by-pass meter, the owner must schedule an inspection from the Building Code Department at www.sfmconsultingllc.org for approval of proper installation.

For questions on the installation and inspection of a by-pass meter, please contact the Zoning Department at 610-250-2264.

Submitting By-Pass Meter Readings:

  1. Deductions must be made in the same quarter that the water (outside) was used.
  2. By-pass meter customers are required to complete and return their by-pass meter reading on the bottom portion of their quarterly utility bill to obtain credit.  Credits will be applied to the following quarterly utility bill.
  3. If a resident pays their utility bill through our online payment portal, by-pass meter readings will still need to be provided to our office via mail, in person or over the phone.

For questions on utility bills or to submit a by-pass meter reading, please contact the Utility Department at 610-252-0785 ext. 100.

Important Note: If a customer does not submit a meter reading each quarter from their by-pass meter, they will forfeit any credit obtained for that quarter.

Show All Answers

1. I'm a new resident. Do you have a listing of utility companies?
2. Who do I call in case of an emergency?
3. What hospitals are in our area?
4. What important phone numbers should I keep handy?
5. What are the phone numbers to my state officials?
6. What are the phone numbers to Northampton County Services?
7. Where can we pick up a Recycling Container?
8. What if our can is damaged?
9. What permits are required when moving to Forks Township?
10. What are the requirements for voting?
11. What is the School District in Forks Township?
12. Where is the Tax Assessor's Office located?
13. Where are the Forks Township meetings held each month?
14. How do I get a dog license application?
15. How do I reserve a pavilion for a family function?
16. Where do I get an application for a Block Party?
17. Where do I get Complaint Forms?
18. Where do I get a permit for garage / yard sales?
19. What is the Forks "EMS" Tax?
20. What do I need to know about Real Estate Taxes?
21. Where can I get a Tax Certification Request form?
22. What is the process to install a by-pass meter?