- Drug Collection Unit
Drug Collection Unit
Forks Township Police now has a MedReturn Drug Collection Unit.
The new Unit is located at in the lobby of the Police Department and will provide residents with a safe and environmentally responsible way to dispose of unwanted, unused or expired medication, including controlled substances.
The lobby of the Police Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in which accepted medications can be dropped off with no questions asked. We do ask that medications are either kept in the original container or pills placed in a zip top type bag.
MedReturn is committed to providing a safe, simple, secure and environmentally friendly way to help law enforcement agencies and communities collect unwanted or expired household medication, including prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs and unused pharmaceuticals in locations throughout the USA.
- Prescription and over-the-counter solid medications
- Tablets and capsules
- Liquid medications in their original containers (i.e. cough syrups, cold medicines)
- Prescription patches
- Medical creams and ointments
- Nasal sprays
- Pet medicines
- Intravenous solutions
- Injectables, syringes, and needles (i.e. EpiPens) - These items should be taken to a health care professional's office or to a hospital for proper disposal)
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Compressed cylinders or aerosols (e.g. asthma inhalers)